Hypnotherapy is the use of a deeply relaxed, pleasant state to aid a person to deal with issues that they are having in their everyday life.
It allows the conscious part of the mind to relax, whilst stimulating the subconscious mind. This allows it to accept positive suggestions in order to change unwanted thoughts, feelings or behaviours.
People turn to hypnotherapy for many reasons, to work either alongside other medical or therapeutic techniques or as a tool on its own.
If you would like to find out more please arrange to come by for a relaxed visit to find out about hypnotherapy, how it can help and if it is a suitable therapy for you. There is no cost or obligation for this consultation.
Some of the reasons that people use hypnotherapy are:
• Addictions -alcohol abuse, drug abuse, quitting smoking, internet addiction, gambling addiction, sex addiction, food addiction.
• Anger management
• Bed wetting
• Bruxism(teeth grinding)
• Childbirth and Pregnancy
• Childhood trauma
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
• Eating disorders
• Exam nerves
• Fear of flying Insomnia
• IVF preparation
• Low Self-esteem
• Low self-confidence
• Obsessions and complusions
• Pain management
• Panic attacks
• Post-traumatic stress disorder
• Pre-wedding nerves
• Pregnancy and Labour
• Public speaking
• Relationship issues
• Sexual issues and dysfunction
• Sleep disorders
• Sports performance
Please contact us to arrange your no obligation consultation. We do not charge for this service.
Hypnotherapy over Skype
Why would someone choose to use Skype for a hypnotherapy session?
There are many reasons that an individual may choose to work with me via skype including: geographical location, incapacity, or other reasons that it make it difficult for a person to leave their home.
Hypnosis can happen for many people using just a recording of a voice, so an interactive video call is a very practicable medium for delivering personally tailored hypnotherapy.
If you choose to work with me via skype it is essential that you feel just as committed to the therapy as you would if we were meeting face to face for you to receive the greatest benefit from the session.
Before we start the Skype call it is important that you read the information below and make sure all of the following is observed.
- Make sure you have a comfortable chair that will support you comfortably whilst you are very relaxed.
- Make sure you have a comfortable pair of headphones with a long enough lead.
- Make sure you are familiar enough with Skype that using it is going to be easy for you.
- Make sure that your computer or device is close enough to you so that the call can easily be reconnected in the event of a lost connection. If this were to happen I would ring you back.
- If you have pets or children, make sure these are going to be in a different room, with someone to look after them if necessary, so you will not be disturbed during our session.
- If you are alone, make sure all fires, oven etc. are switched off, and all windows and doors are closed etc. so you don’t have to concern yourself with any of these things during the session.
- If there is someone else there, make sure that they know not to disturb you for the duration of the session.
- Put a note on your front door asking not to be disturbed unless it is an emergency.
- Make sure your phone (both landline and mobile) are switched off, or on silent.
Please do your best to observe these instructions to ensure we will have the best Skype session possible.
Booking a Hypnotherapy Session via Skype
If you would like to arrange a consultation via Skype please e-mail me or give me a call so that a mutually convenient time can be arranged.
This will take place in a same way as a face-to-face session. It will be a chance for you to find out about hypnotherapy and for you to discuss your needs. If you should then wish to book in your first hypnotherapy session we will arrange this.
"Debbie at Tranquil Awakenings, Lincoln, was recommended to me for hypnotherapy and I'm so happy I got in touch!
As soon as I met her I felt calm and at ease. She is such an understanding person who had a real insight into the feelings I was experiencing.
Debbie explained what would happen at our first session and I felt really safe and cared for straight away.
Each session and the order of the sessions were clearly tailored to my individual needs.
I would recommend Debbie without hesitation and strongly suggest that if this is something you are thinking about doing, just arrange to pop in for a cuppa and a chat with her to find out more".
White, Lincoln, June 2015